Where Results Count
Frederick W. Stephenson
Here is what you most want to know.
My present practice areas are:
- Civil lawsuits of all types, including personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice cases.
- All areas of business law, including the formation of business entities, business contracts, purchases and sales of businesses, and lawsuits involving business matters.
- All areas of real estate, including purchases and sales of real property, leases, all aspects and stages of real estate development, and lawsuits involving real estate matters, including such areas as construction controversies and mechanics liens.
- Family law, including cases involving significant property or other issues, and premarital agreements.
- Wills, trusts, and probate.
For more on what I do, click here for Practice Areas.
A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
I believe a free initial consultation is highly beneficial to both the client and the attorney. It allows each party to get to know the other, and enables the attorney to understand the case or matter, what will probably be necessary to handle it, and to some extent at least, what it will cost. For these reasons, I will always give a free telephone consultation, which might last anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, and if the circumstances indicate, a further free consultation in person.
It is very difficult to be specific about attorney's fees without knowing what the case or matter is about. In general, the fee can be either just a flat amount, an hourly rate, or on a contingent basis, where the fee is a percentage of the recovery. Almost never is a flat fee a good idea for either the client or the attorney. An hourly fee will be based on the magnitude and difficulty of whatever is being undertaken, but will not be less than $225.00 an hour. All personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice cases are handled on a contingent basis, so that if there is no recovery there is no fee.
Because it is in the best interest of both the attorney and the client, attorney's fees are always discussed fully at the beginning so that both parties are clear about what to expect. In appropriate cases, payment plans can be arranged.
Finally, be assured that, in principle, I have absolutely no interest in doing anything more in any case or matter than is necessary to handle the case or matter successfully and to the client's satisfaction.
WHERE TO FROM HERE
What you have just read is the short version of what I think you most want to know. Many people are satisfied and want to proceed with nothing further. If that is you, you can call me now at (916) 712-3876. However, there is more if you are interested:
- To begin with, there is more of a basic nature regarding attorney representation at More on Attorneys, which you might find informative and helpful.
- There is a page with a fuller discussion of my practice areas at Practice Areas.
- There is a page of biographical information about me at About Me.
- There is a page on how to contact me at Contact Me.
Thank you for viewing my web site. I am sure I would be happy to help you with your case or matter. In all events, I wish you the best of good fortune going forward, whatever you choose to do from here.
site © 2011-16 by Frederick W. Stephenson